The Fault In Our Stars

By xiaokhat - June 14, 2014

photo credits: Ate May




Last Monday, 9th of June, my buddies and I went out to a movie date. It was supposed to be at SM but the screening started at about 3pm and the next show would be at around 5pm. Since most of us can't stay late, (next day's shift is 6am) then we watched the movie at Robinson's instead.

We invited Aldrin to come with us, which makes him our special guest, thus explains why he's wearing red. (Nah, it was just a coincidence that all three of us are wearing white. Most probably ate May and Rain agreed to wear the same clothes. If I knew, I should have worn my Cebu shirt as well.)


Anyway, prior watching the movie, I already finished reading the book that weekend. I haven't read a book (a novel) for years now. I was either busy sleeping or fangirling during my leisure time. It wasn't a good idea though to read the book first as it just brought me disappointments. There are a lot of parts in the book that are omitted in the movie, like Hazel having classes at MCC, going out with Kaitlyn, Isaac giving out his real eulogy at Gus's funeral, and Hazel grieving over Gus's lost. I mean, the grieving shown on the movie is just like a part of what's in the book. The part where she wants to talk to someone but realized that that someone is actually Gus, when she called his phone but only reached his voicemail, it's not in the movie. It was like one of my favorite parts coz I somehow relates to what she felt. Anyway, the pre-eulogy part is still the most teary-eyed of all, whether in the book or in the movie. I mean, preparing for your own funeral is really, idk, insane?

After the movie, we stayed a few minutes more for more chikahan as we haven't seen each other for quite long a weekend. Robinson's isn't really the best place to tambay so nothing really much to do here other than go to work on second floor or play at Tom's World on third floor. But still, it was a great time. I haven't watched a movie for ages as well! (not really a movie fan here....)

Transformer's next? Yes?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Spam messages/advertisements will be automatically deleted.