Breaking traditions

By xiaokhat - January 01, 2019



It's no secret that getting the Starbucks planner has been my yearly tradition. So, when December kicked in and I don't have my planner yet, I thought 2019 will finally be the year I will break traditions.

It was actually last year that I thought of stopping this yearly thing I have, but I was weak and fragile. I couldn't say no to last year's pretty planners. This year is no different. My partner, who is not really a Starbucks fan, actually wanted me to stop going to Starbucks. So my coffee trips became less and less this year.

And then, after getting this organizer, I realized that I still broke my tradition! Because this travel organizer actually comes not with a planner but with a small notebook.

Okay, enough babbling. Here are some photos together with a short, honest "review" of the organizer.



The organizer comes with pockets that can hold three cards. Ideally, the cards should be slid in horizontally but the cards are couple of millimeters longer than the pockets so they don't fit. The bottom pocket is so shallow that when you put a card inside it, it will cover the card on the middle slot, unless you put the Starbucks card in that bottom slot with the transparent side on.


See those extra MMs?

This is how the cards stack up…

When you realize it's a subtle product placement… Oops! 🙈

I'm not really find of earphone organizers maybe because the one I have doesn't get tangled at all.I tried to use the earphone organizer for a couple of days and I found myself happier with letting it loose. I used that slot for my charging cable instead. 😁



I find the pen holder a fancy. I don't usually carry paper and pen with me often since I work in a paperless environment. I think I need to find another purpose for this.


This is the notebook that comes with the organizer.

I gave the notebook away to my friend who helped me collecting the stickers. She actually wanted the planner. I also want the planner but I want the organizer as well. To bad I can only choose one. ☹️

Soo, there you have it! An honest "review" of the Starbucks travel organizer. If you are the type who often gets a call or text or chat or email, O don't think this is for you since you'd find it touring to zip-unzip the organizer whenever you're phone vibrates. This is perfect for those people who are used to those small handbags who can live with their cards and wouldn't need cash. This is actually an office-friendly substitute for that chic handbag.

Am I getting something like this next year? Maybe not.

Should I have just got the planner instead? I thought so. I'm not yet at that point of regret but please don't add fuel to the fire.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Spam messages/advertisements will be automatically deleted.