My Diet Journey

By xiaokhat - June 13, 2016

Why I needed to go on a diet?

"You're not fat."
"You just need to tone down"

I am fat! Well, I think I am fat.

I have a lot of insecurities and one of them is my body. My body has a lot of flaws and I hate it. Most of those flaws are permanent already. That's why I want to improve myself with the things I can still change in my body - and that is my weight.

3 years ago, I was in my best shape. My weight dropped at 50kgs. Then, a year ago, I was at 53kgs. Not bad still, but I want to go back to my old weight. So, I took advantage of the free gym membership the office offers and went to the gym for 6 months. The result: my weight went from 53kgs to 55kgs. Aaaarrrrgh!

I know I was doing something wrong, but I can't pinpoint it. My clothes are all getting tight that I almost ran out of clothes to wear. I knew I have to resort to something else, something I knew is effective with me - that's dieting.

A photo posted by Katreena įŽ‘臉 ðŸą (@xiaokhat) on

I have a friend who is going on diet meals and I saw that the results are good. Well, she's not just dieting but she's also boxing as well, thus the huge weight loss. I don't want to box, my pet peeve is sweating, that's why I did not attend my PE classes back in college, and then I have to teach PE?!

Going back, it was this friend of mine who "introduced" me to diet delivery services. I know something like this exists because some celebrities also do that. I like the idea of it because as someone who doesn't know how to cook and lives alone, thinking of what to eat every day is a tough decision. Most of the time I'd resort to fast food or canned goods, which is really unhealthy. And a diet delivery service is a big relief. Not only I would have something to eat for the whole day, but I am sure that what I eat is something that is healthy.

And so, to make the long story short, I tried diet delivery for a month with Daily's. They offer deliveries in Laguna, and morning deliveries in Alabang. And their rates are cheaper than their competitors!

Their staff are friendly and accomodating. I have a weird delivery schedule and they are okay with it. So far, not day is missed. Their food are delicious that it doesn't feel like you're in a diet. I mean, most feedback I get is that food from diet deliveries taste nothing, and is not really pleasant to eat.

Daily's claim they can help people lose 8lbs in 4 weeks. I did lose weight, from 55kgs I am now down to 50kgs or 51kgs, playing around those numbers. My target is 50kgs, so not bad. I don't stick to the diet religiously actually. I still eat food outside of the diet but I make sure the servings are small. On weekends, when there is no delivery, I am guilty of overeating on some meals, most especially when Mom cooks my favorite meals!

During my first week, I was taking pictures of all my meals diligently, but I felt like I was spamming twitter and stopped the next three weeks. I just posted a few of the meals I either loved or hate. I hate not because of the taste but mainly because of personal preferences. (I'm a picky eater, you know)

Some of the meals I either love or hate:

I don't eat curry, but def loved this one! You know, curry omurice is įī€æ–‡å‡ą's favorite!


Ugh! One of the meals I really didn't like.


This one's really yummy! I want more of these!


Strawberry Cream Parfait for breakfast

This one I forgot to share on Twitter, but is really yummy!


This Bibimbap! I didn't take a photo of mine. One of my faves!




I really hate spinach!



One of the best! 👍


So yeah, these are just a few of those meals.

I'm not saying you should do this if you want to lose weight. How you lose pounds still depend on what works for you.

And because I loved majority of the meals I got. I decided to extend my diet for another week!



I just finished it ðŸī

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Spam messages/advertisements will be automatically deleted.