S.H.E 十七 MV - reaction post

By xiaokhat - September 18, 2018





Nope, I'm not doing lyric translations this time. I tried my best to translate but I'm to lazy to continue doing it so I give up.

This post was supposed to be my comment to a YouTube reaction video I watched and I thought why not just post it on my blog instead?

So, here's my reaction-slash-FYI post:


The MV is like a quick trip down S.H.E's 17 year journey. The train is like a their journey from debut onwards.

To those who are curious or interested, the sets in the train recognizes these events

2000-ish pre debut days:
- First meeting! They literally have to be separated from their families to live together. I wonder how their first meeting was like....
- Girls dorm! Their company wanted the three girls to have this natural chemistry and so they were "forced" to live in a dorm. On the BTS vid, someone mentioned their actual dorm wasn't as pretty as the set 😂
- dance rehearsals (Beauty Up My Life and 美麗新世界) and song recording: preparation for their debut

September 11, 2001:
S.H.E's debut! See the cleaner? See their faces while performing? They thought they wouldn't last long, but there came their fans, hence the signing session. I love how they look the same as in their first album photos! Anyone who dares to say S.H.E are retokada, watch this vid! With the exception of Selina, of course, who underwent scar removal treatment because of the accident.

Jump to 2003:
S.H.E on their first Golden Melody Award! Their very first award. Ella had an injury back then so she wasn't able to receive the award. It's really touching that they recreated that moment. It's one of their milestones that were kind of forgotten.

Fast forward to 2010:
S.H.E went on developing their solo careers. Hebe had her solo album and concert. Ella became a host on several shows. Selina tried her luck in acting. However, a tragic accident happened that Selina suffered third degree burns on 54% of her body. That was the point of time in their career when everyone thought they will finally disband, but no they proved them wrong. S.H.E had their comeback and is still alive and kicking, celebrating their 17th birthday 💕

I was surprised that they re-did the explosion scene. I admire Selina's courage for accepting the challenge. No matter how many times I watch this MV, my tears always fall on that scene.

The ending is like marrying each other as they have always called each other wifey. Ella was the one pregnant because she is now happily married and has a son.

The MV is actually more than just an MV. It's really difficult to capture all 17 years in 5 minutes or less but I love how the MV highlighted moments during their younger years. This is one of my favorite S.H.E MVs so far. 💗

What about you? Share your thoughts below!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Spam messages/advertisements will be automatically deleted.