Fall in Love with First Kiss (一吻定情)

By xiaokhat - March 26, 2019


Initial thoughts:
Another remake? Why? Don't they have any new ideas? 

I literally just finished watching the movie. When news of a remake first went out, I was really wondering why. I thought it was for yet another series. The latest remake was just two(?) years ago. It's too sooon! And then I realized it was a movie, figured it out couple of weeks ago. 😂


Darren Wang as Zhi Shu is something. From a bad boy in Our Times to this perfect shuai guy... He fits to be Zhi Shu! Those eyes, the way he stared to Xiang Qin in the beginning was very much like the 2005 Zhi Shu - full of annoyance. The stare alone is shouting "stay away from me!" Dino as Zhi Shu is more on the gentle side, (Sorry bb Dino~)



Speaking of Dino, I was surprised he made a cameo in the movie! From Zhi Shu to cameo, whyyyyy~~~~~



I love this version of Xiang Qin. I love her facial expressions - very natural. Jelly actually portrayed Xiang Qin in a way that you will love her too. (Sorry Esther...)


I hope that the person who waits for me after class
Is also the person who waits for me to go home

I love how modern this movie is. However, I feel that the movie is too discriminating of people of the lower IQ. Students from the star section are housed in a very techy, modern building while the lowest seection is housed in an old, rugged school building. Shouldn't students be treated the same, at least in the classroom conditions. Okay, I should stop here.




Ah Jin! Let's not forget my favorite character. He seriously look like Jiro! That leather rocker outfit, very Gui Long! He wasn't that monkey like but tthe movie's Ah Jin portrayed his culinary talent. It's just sad that the movie wasn't able to show Ah Jin's efforts in chasing Xiang Qin. Ah Jin is one lovable character that the movie missed.


Jiang Zhi Shu, I like you.

Watching this, I realized how different a movie is from the series. The movie did not miss out on the highlights so I am quite satisfied. However, I am craving for somehing more. There are a lot of characters that weren't portrayed that much. Zhi Shu's father was kind of portrayed as someone who doesn't like Xiang Qin. Yu Shu did not get that much screen time as well as Xiang Qin's friends. It kind of makes sense though, the movie revolved around how Xiang Qin won her way through Zhi Shu's heart. The other characters are just there to really support the story.



The story was narrated in Xiang Qin's point of view, so you wouldn't have an idea what Zhi Shu feels, although he was dropping subtle hints here and there. His way of revealing his feelings at the end of the movie is something romantic, very modern way of subtly letting the other person what you feel. Since this is just a remake, a happy ending is already expected. However, it wasn't the same ending I was expecting. I was expecting something grand, which wasn't the case. It was romantic but I want that same ending the 2005 and 2017 series had.



So, would I recommend this?Definitely! However, if you are someone who wants more, you should definitely watch the series first, I suggest the 2005 version as that is more romantic and more detailed as it comes in two parts (I think ISWAK 2 was 2008). If this is your first time watching something Izatura na Kiss related, don't stop here. The movie is just a preview of Xiang Qin and Zhi Shu's eternal love. 😍


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Spam messages/advertisements will be automatically deleted.